Cisco 7962 manual user guide for cisco 7962 IP phone users, cisco 7942G / 7962G manuals. This PDF User Guide demonstrates the basic calling features of the Cisco Unified IP Phone. Cisco 7962 phone is used to connect directly to the corporate IP telephony network. The setup will most likely be done by your corporate system administrator. Cisco highly recommends that you only use high quality external devices with your telephone unit.
Overview of Cisco 7962 IP Phone
Cisco 7962 Unified IP Phone is a telephone with many features providing communication over your computer network. This phone is used by businesses all throughout the United States. There are many easy to use features that allow users to transfer incoming calls, place hold on calls, forward telephone calls, access voicemail and conference calls.
How to Transfer Calls
1. Press ”Transfer”, the key that is located below the screen.
2. Enter the extension number you are transferring the call to.
3. Wait for the recipient to answer the call.
4. Press the “Transfer” button to finalize the transfer.
How to Put Calls on Hold
1. Press “Hold”, the key that is located below the screen.
2. Make sure the line you are transferring is highlighted on the phone’s screen.
3. When you are ready to take the call off Hold, press “Resume”. That is the same key you used to place the call on Hold.
How to Use Call Forwarding
1. Press the “CFwdAll” button. The telephone will beep twice.
2. Enter the extension or telephone number you would like your calls to be forwarded to. The telephone will beep once. Call forwarding is now complete.
3. To cancel the call forwarding feature, press the “CFwdAll” button again.
How to Access Voicemail
1. Press the button with the envelope icon. This is the voicemail button.
2. You will hear a set of voicemail instructions that will guide you through the steps of setting up your voicemail greeting.
3. When you have a voicemail, a red light will flash on the handset and an indicator will be on the right corner of the phone’s screen.
4. You can listen to your voicemails by pressing the “Envelop” icon on the right side of your phone.
5. Follow the voicemail instructions.
How to Use Conference Calling
1. Make your first call.
2. After that call answers, press the “Confrn” button. This button is located under the telephone’s screen.
3. Make your second call.
4. Press the “Confrn” button again.
5. Repeat the above to add more calls.
Free download Cisco 7962 Manual User Guide (7942G/7962G)